For the sixth year in a row Airlie Gardens, in Wilmington, N.C., is excited to host their summer art exhibit, July-October 2018! Airlie Gardens invites artists or teams of artists to decorate, paint, and otherwise adorn one of the 15 oversized 5-foot-tall fiberglass Garden Gnome models. These Garden Gnomes will be placed throughout the grounds for guests to enjoy as part of their garden experience. The hope for this outdoor exhibit is it will be a collection that appeals to all. An artist’s design will be selected based on creativity, craftsmanship, use of materials, the ability to appeal to all age groups, outdoor sustainability and durability.
Selection panel review will begin as soon as artist’s proposals are submitted. Airlie Gardens encourages all artists to submit proposals as soon as possible so we may assemble a sizable and diverse portfolio for sponsors to review.
- Artist application Deadline- February 28th 2018
- Artists Notification/Commission- March 15th 2018
- Fiberglass Gnomes available for pick up- April- Specific date TBD
- Deadline for Return of Finished Gnomes- June 15th 2018
- Exhibit Opens to Public- July 6th 2018
- Exhibit Closes- October 26th 2018
For more information contact Rebecca Pearce by email or (910) 798-7709.